Robert S. Bick possesses extensive corporate law experience, having completed hundreds of merger, acquisition, divestiture, going private, financing, and related transactions. For more than thirty years, he has represented clients of all sizes across a range of industries, in corporate and business law matters.
Robert counsels and represents public and private companies, entrepreneurs, venture capital and private equity groups, boards of directors and business owners on matters related to corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, private placements, private equity, securities, tax, commercial and private lending (senior, mezzanine and subordinated credit facilities), corporate governance (counsel to corporate officers and board members) and related business law matters.
Additionally, Robert advises clients in the areas of strategic business and tax planning, entity selection and formation, contract drafting and negotiation, and structuring, negotiating, drafting and completing purchase, sale, finance, and restructuring transactions. He is frequently honored by peers and ranking organizations for outstanding accomplishment in the field of corporate law, including most recently being named the 2016 “M&A Attorney of the Year” by the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
- Sale of equity interests in a National Basketball Association team and sports arena to a U.S. based private equity group.
- Sale of U.S. based aerospace tooling manufacturing companies to U.K. based publicly traded company.
- Sale of pharmacy benefit management company to NASDAQ listed company.
- Acquisition of software licensing company by world's leading mainframe-dedicated software company.
- Recapitalization and acquisition of controlling interest in U.S. based publicly traded company by European based private equity group.
- Acquisition of division of NYSE listed company engaged in the business of manufacturing and selling medical products and devices.
- Sale of equity interests in affiliated group of companies engaged in the business of owning and operating manufactured housing communities located throughout U.S. to publicly traded REIT.
- Recapitalization of NASDAQ listed financial services company engaged in the business of providing and servicing loans used to finance commercial real estate and manufactured homes.
- Sale of software licensing company to NASDAQ listed software licensing and networking company.
- Sale of equity interests in a food industry equipment manufacturing company with world-wide operations to strategic buyer.
- Recapitalization and refinancing of affiliated companies engaged in the business of inter-coastal oil barging.
- Sale of regional industrial roofing companies to roofing industry consolidator in roll-up transaction.
- Acquisition of manufacturer and distributor of aluminum extrusions with national operations by private equity group.
- Sale of equity interests in manufacturer and distributor of optical lens and optical lens coatings to publicly traded strategic buyer.
- Recapitalization and financing of automotive leather supplier with international operations.
- Recapitalization and acquisition of controlling interest in U.S. based machine tool manufacturing company by China based equipment manufacturing company with world-wide operations.