October 2009 -
• Law Offices of Vlad Portnoy, P.C.
Full-service bilingual law firm based in Manhattan concentrating in estate planning, elder law, international and domestic corporate and estate legal matters.
• Providing strategic planning solutions for all estate-related matters:
o Estate Planning: wealth management, legacy preservation, asset protection;
o Post-Mortem Planning: administration and probate of estates (New York, New Jersey, Israel, States of Former Soviet Union - Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc.);
o Elder Law / Elder Care: Long-Term Care and Medicaid planning (Medicaid applications, fair hearings and local conferences);
o Guardianships: Mental Hygiene Law Article 81;
o Special needs clients and minors (Special Needs Planning and Trusts);
o Corporate: business continuation and succession (operating agreements, funded buy-sell agreements, Family Limited Liability Companies and Family Limited Liability Partnerships).
• Drafting and negotiating Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Purchase and Sale Agreements (PSA), Master Services Agreements (MSA), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Agreement (LOA), Memoranda of Agreement (MOA), Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) related to service, employment, product distribution, and licensing agreements for small-to-midsize businesses with up to $5,000,000 ongoing concern.
• Mediating estate disputes domestically and internationally; collaborating with estate litigation attorneys on contested matters.
Vice-President, General C
February 2008 -
• Intway Corporation (InSpace)
Direct consumer marketing and e-commerce Corporation with approximately 500 employees, sales force of approximately 100,000 independent distributors, and business interests and subsidiaries in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Israel, India, Canada, Australia, Germany, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Dominican Republic.
• Managed an international legal department of New York-based division of international business development; promoted to General Counsel in 6 months for excellent performance and creative thinking.
• Generated over $10M in savings by creating, designing and implementing large-scale taxation and revenue-saving financial measures through sophisticated multi-country holding company structure.
• Drafted and negotiated Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Purchase and Sale Agreements (PSA), Master Services Agreements (MSA), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Agreement (LOA), Memoranda of Agreement (MOA), Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) and sophisticated intellectual property licenses and contracts for speaking engagement seminars and appearances by internationally renowned motivational speakers, musicians and other guest celebrities and talent, valued between $60,000 and $500,000.
• Advised Board of Directors on key decisions regarding employee-related actions, policies and review.
• Protected corporation from potential legal actions by assessing risk of proposed corporate actions.
• Revised and implemented company by-laws, policies and procedures, legal and marketing strategies both domestically and worldwide for all satellite offices based on governmental regulations and policies in the United States, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus, Canada, India, Australia and various states in Eastern and Western Europe.
• Ensured installation, legalization and operation of satellite business by traveling to India and Cyprus and establishing solid working relationships with Executives and Officers in other countries.
• Retained, negotiated and coordinated outside legal representation in the United States, India, Israel, Dominican Republic, British Virgin Islands, Nevis, Cyprus and Bulgaria.